Sunday, July 17, 2011

On To New Beginnings: How a Brave Woman Escaped From Domestic Violence and Abuse

I received such a JOYFUL email this morning from a young woman who had read my book then filled out the form on the first page of my website. "The lights came on," she said. "And I knew I had the
power within to get my children and I OUT OF A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE household I had been in for almost nine years!"

"Your book made me understand what I was doing and why," she wrote.  "It will be a long road but my 3 children and I are safe now, in counseling with SO MUCH SUPPORT from our local shelter.  I can't thank you enough for having the courage to write your book.  You gave me the JOLT I needed to end a life of fear.  And I was surprised by your sense of humor! I will keep this book the rest of my life.  You are my hero!"

Of course I cried, then responded!  "You are the hero!  Good luck and keep in touch!"

No comments:

Post a Comment